OWNING A HYUNDAI
Owning a Hyundai
Buying your Hyundai is just the beginning. We're always thinking about how to make owning a Hyundai an enjoyable, worry-free experience, throughout the whole period of your ownership.
Here, you can find all you need to know as a Hyundai owner, from where to find the perfect accessories to servicing, our unlimited mileage 5 year warranty and even how we can help if your car is involved in an accident.
As an owner, you'll also have access to MyHyundai, where you can discover exclusive offers and discounts to get the most from your car. You can also store all your car details securely in one online space. So from your car's VIN number to reminders for servicing, MOT, insurance and road tax, everything you need is just a few clicks away.
Hyundai Genuine Accessories
Designed and approved for your car, our Hyundai Genuine Accessories are the ideal way to give your vehicle a personal touch. With a wide range available, you can create the Hyundai that's perfect for you.
- Hyundai-approved, so you can be sure they won't affect your car’s warranty
- Specifically made for your model, to ensure a perfect fit
- Wide-ranging choice, from stylish touches to the latest technology
To browse accessories, please click here.
Welcome to Hyundai Service Plans
As a Hyundai driver you want to be able to get on with your driving life - your daily commute, weekend away or impromptu adventure – not worrying about the cost of servicing your car.
A Hyundai Service Plan is the perfect way to keep your car on the road and enjoy more of the freedom that being a Hyundai driver brings. It gives you extra servicing certainty on your own terms and helps you stay one step ahead with your servicing costs.
A service plan that’s made for you - no matter what model of Hyundai you drive or how old it is.
Hyundai Service Plans are tailored it to your individual requirements.
You have the freedom to configure your service plan based on the model and age of your car, your mileage and plan duration. These details are then used to automatically determine the cost of your plan (factoring in recommended service requirements and MOTs where requested).
There’s plenty to like about Hyundai Service Plans:
- Open to all – If you drive a Hyundai, you’re eligible for a Hyundai Service Plan.
- Flexible – Your individual service plan is not only based on your car but also on your driving life: your annual mileage and how long you’d like the plan to last.
- Easy – Simply enter your details online to receive a quote for your bespoke Hyundai Service Plan, or if you prefer pop into your local dealer.
- Payment options – After you’ve found the right service plan for you, you’ll have the choice of paying in full or spreading the cost with easily arranged, fixed monthly payments. No interest. No loan or finance product required.
- Clear pricing – When we say fixed, we mean fixed! Inflation-proof pricing along with a full breakdown of what’s included in your plan.
- Expert servicing for added peace of mind – Your Hyundai serviced by Hyundai trained technicians using Genuine Hyundai Parts in line with the manufacturer-recommended service schedule.
You’re a few clicks from extra freedom
We want you to live your driving life to the full, from sunny day trips to the seaside to seamless school runs.
Wherever your driving life takes you, stay one step ahead with a Hyundai Service Plan.
Get started by configuring your plan and receive a quote in just a few clicks here.
Or, if you’d like to discuss your options, please contact your local Hyundai dealer for more information.
Hyundai Service Promise
By choosing Hyundai servicing, you'll also have the reassurance of our Hyundai Service Promise.
On Arrival we will:
- Attend to you promptly
- Agree the work to be carried out and provide a fully inclusive quote
- Agree a time when your vehicle will be ready to pick up
During the day we will:
- Ensure that only appropriately trained Hyundai technicians carry out work on your vehicle
- Check for any updates recommended by Hyundai and perform these free of charge
- Provide a professional recommendation if we identify any parts that require replacing, about whether they should be replaced immediately, or at which point in the future they should be re-checked
- Only ever replace additional parts with your permission
- Use genuine Hyundai parts, which all carry a two year, unlimited mileage warranty*
- Call you to confirm when your car is ready
*Parts fitted during a warranty repair have a warranty duration equal to the remaining period of the vehicle warranty.
On collection we will:
- Explain the invoice to you to ensure you understand the work that has been carried out
Following your visit we will:
- Do everything we can to call you within three days of your visit, in order to monitor customer satisfaction and to continually improve the service we offer you
Spend a few minutes regularly looking after your Hyundai, and it will give you the best possible performance, fuel economy and safety.
Key things to check are:
- Brake fluid
- Windscreen wash
- Tyre pressure
- Tyre tread
Don't forget to inspect tyre tread regularly too. The legal level for tyre tread is 1.6mm, taken at 3 points across three quarters of the width of the tyre. Apart from being dangerous, an illegal bald tyre is liable for a maximum fine of up to £2500 and 3 penalty points per defective tyre.
If you need assistance, please visit your Hyundai dealer who'll be happy to check for you.
5 YEAR WARRANTY
5 Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty
5 Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty
At Hyundai we continually invest in the latest manufacturing technology designed to give you years of enjoyable motoring.
Our trust in our products is backed up by our 5 Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty* so you can drive with complete reassurance. We also include a 12 year† Anti- perforation Warranty for the bodywork. Visit our 5 Year Warranty page for details.
With Hyundai Roadside Assistance we provide you with 24 hour roadside assistance should you ever need it, anywhere in the UK or Channel Islands, with Onward Travel cover included to get you home if your car can’t be fixed at the roadside ‡ . Visit our Hyundai Roadside Assistance page to find out more.
*Vehicles used for taxi, daily rental, hire and reward or light commercial vehicles are limited to 100,000 miles.
† 10 Year Anti-Perforation Warranty on i800 and iLoad.
‡ From July 1st 2018: Hyundai Roadside Assistance is available for 12 months from the date of first registration. Service Activated Roadside Assistance provides ongoing Roadside Assistance cover each year (from the date of registration) when you ensure your is vehicle serviced at an authorised Hyundai repairer in line with the service schedule. Onward Travel excludes light commercial vehicles and cars for taxi or private hire usage.
Hyundai keeps you on track with the Hyundai MapCare programme, which provides free annual map updates for the lifetime of your Hyundai*.
You can update your Hyundai’s factory fitted navigation system and media unit with the latest map software, completely free of charge, by visiting your local dealer.
The Hyundai MapCare Programme ensures you are always up to date when it comes to navigation.
All new Hyundai models come with annual map updates for the lifetime of the vehicle*, including all the latest mapping and points of interest, plus constantly optimised route calculations, usability and visual appearance.
Simply visit your dealer for a free map update every year. It’s another hassle-free way to help you and your Hyundai.
*At least 10 years
Hyundai Genuine Parts
When your Hyundai is built, it's made from steel from our own plants, so we can be sure of its quality. And only Hyundai parts are produced to the same exacting standards as those originally fitted.
By insisting on genuine Hyundai replacement parts, you can ensure there is no compromise when it comes to quality, safety and reliability. You'll also benefit from a comprehensive warranty on every part used.
Find my local dealer.
ACCIDENT & INSURANCE
Hyundai Accident Aftercare
We can't stop accidents happening. But we can be there to relieve some of the stress with free help, support
and expertise. If your Hyundai is involved in an accident, call Hyundai First on 0330 100 3124 and
we'll take care of it for you.
With free Hyundai Accident Aftercare, we will:
- Recover your vehicle and help you get home after an accident*
- Liaise with your insurer to manage the claims process for you
- Arrange repairs at a Hyundai-approved repair centre, using genuine Hyundai parts
- Arrange a free courtesy car while your Hyundai is being repaired, and deliver your car back to you
when it's ready
* Conditions Apply
Please visit Hyundai Accident Aftercare for more details or download our Hyundai Accident Aftercare leaflet.
Please click here for your free emergency key tag.
Free Driveaway insurance
We’ll give you free Driveaway Insurance when you buy any new or used Hyundai from an authorised dealer, so you can get going straight away. Once you have purchased your new Hyundai call 0330 102 8557 or ask your dealer for your Driveaway Insurance certificate.
Upgrade to our annual cover - we'll pay your cancellation fee*
Get a quote here or call 0330 102 8557
If you think all car insurers are the same, maybe it's time to think again.
Most insurers won't promise to repair your vehicle at a Hyundai approved accident repair using 100% Hyundai genuine parts, but with Hyundai Insurance it's guaranteed. And if you upgrade to us we’ll pay your cancellation fee*.
Annual Hyundai Insurance includes all of these benefits;
- Free courtesy car
- 24-hour free accident recovery
- Cover including: personal belongings, replacement lock, child seat replacement and windscreen damage cover
- EU comprehensive cover
- Medical treatment
- Personal injury cover
- 5 year guarantee on the quality of repairs
- A brand new Hyundai if yours is written off or stolen within 12 months of its new registration date
*We’ll reimburse your current insurer’s cancellation fee up to the value of 10% of your Hyundai Insurance motor premium quote. Offer not available online. Conditions apply. Please visit Hyundai Insurance for details and conditions.
We want to make everything as smooth as possible for you - whatever lies ahead. Excess Return gives you up to £250 cash back for any excess paid as part of a motor insurance claim if you call us first, no matter who you are insured by. This includes any additional excess charges imposed for having your vehicle repaired at a Hyundai-approved repair centre (typically £200).
Simply ask your dealer to register you for Free Driveaway Insurance and you'll be given a voucher for one year's free Excess Return, worth up to £250. Hyundai Excess Return is available for your new or approved used Hyundai.
Please visit Hyundai Excess Return for how to claim and terms and conditions.
Hyundai Approved Body Repair Centre
By using a Hyundai Approved Body Repair Centre you can be assured of a repair that will safeguard the integrity of your Hyundai. You can also count on excellent standards of quality and service.
- Hyundai Approved Body Repair Centres are vetted against strict Hyundai standards
- Your vehicle will be repaired with genuine Hyundai parts, providing you with a comprehensive parts warranty
- You'll also benefit from a 5 year guarantee on the quality of repairs
At Hyundai, we never stop thinking about new ways to improve your owning experience, which is why we’ve developed MyHyundai. It’s your portal to a world of exclusive offers and a secure area where your important car details are stored. You can also set automatic reminders for servicing or road tax and keep up to date with the latest Hyundai news.
Hyundai is committed to surpassing the quality and safety expectations of our customers. To ensure we continue to do this we sometimes recall vehicles for checks or component upgrades.
If you have received a recall letter, please contact your local Hyundai dealer for more information.
To check if your Hyundai has an outstanding recall, click on the button below. The recall checker is provided by Motor Ombudsman, the government backed self regulatory body for the motor industry. You will need your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to hand. This string of 17 characters includes letters and numbers - it‘s recorded on your vehicle's V5 Certificate (log book) and on the vehicle itself, please consult your user manual to locate this.
If your Hyundai has an outstanding recall, please contact your local Hyundai dealer in the first instance.
If you have any questions regarding Hyundai recalls, you can contact our customer service team.0800 981 981 Opening hours
Mon-Fri : 8:30–18:00
You can also contact your local Hyundai dealer.
If we need to contact you it’s important we have your most up to date details. My Hyundai offers an easy way to ensure they are correct.