The vehicle five year, unlimited mileage warranty shall not apply to the following:
The new vehicle five year, without mileage limitation, warranty shall not apply to the following:
- Defects judged by HMUK as being caused by the failure to follow the frequency and requirements of routine maintenance services or the failure to have such routine maintenance services performed.
- Defects, which are attributable to careless handling, accident, improper use of the vehicle, or incorrectly completed repairs or routine maintenance services.
- Damage occurring as a result of any act or omission, which is wilfully unlawful or negligent, save by HMUK and Hyundai Authorised Hyundai Dealers/Repairers.
- Adjustments of any kind after 6 months, from the date of 1st registration.
- Defects arising from the use of non-genuine Hyundai parts or accessories not approved by HMUK, or the use of incorrect specification lubricants, fluids or fuels not approved for use in the vehicle by HMUK or HMC.
- Any modifications or installations performed outside the scope of normal routine maintenance or running repairs without the express approval of Hyundai Motor UK Ltd.
- Deterioration, staining or corrosion, which will occur due to normal exposure and usage on plated parts, paint coatings, rubber or plastic components, soft trim.
- Alleged defects, which are not as a direct result of manufacturing or material defects, or are not recognised as affecting the quality or function of the vehicle.
Examples of these include, but are not limited to:
- Noises, Rattles or vibrations of low amplitude or frequency, which are considered to be representative of the characteristics of the vehicle.
- Slight oozing/misting of oils or fluids from seals or gaskets, which causes no appreciable decrease in the level of these fluids.
- Panel gaps, or any other defects, which are considered to be representative of the permitted manufacturing tolerances, accepted by Hyundai.
- External appearance defects which are not apparent unless magnified by special means, which are considered to be of a minor cosmetic nature and having no affect upon the general appearance or quality of the vehicle, or which are representative of the standards of finish expected by Hyundai.
- Corrosion or other external damage resulting from stone chipping, gravel or any other form of impact.
- Discoloration, fading, contamination or deterioration resulting from exposure to or contact with: road salt, tree sap, bird droppings, insects, tar, industrial pollution/fallout, contamination by lubricants or other fluids
- Damage which is “secondary” and is as a direct result of any primary damage or defect upon which no action or rectification has taken place.
- Failure or damage occurring during the period of the warranty or faults developing during that period unless rectified immediately.
- The replacement of lubricants, fluids or refrigerant other than as a direct consequence of a warrantable repair.
- Defects occurring as a result of “fair wear and tear”. “Fair wear and tear” is defined as deterioration occurring through usage and no defect of material or a manufacturing nature is evident.
These include but are not limited to:
|Description||Warranty Coverage (Period)||Warranty Coverage (Mileage)|
|Clutch disc||24 Months||60,000 Miles|
|Brake Friction Linings||24 Months||20,000 Miles|
|V Belts||24 Months||Unlimited Mileage|
|Oil Filter (Service Item)||Warranted up to 1st scheduled change in specific Model Service Schedule.||Warranted up to 1st scheduled change in specific Model Service Schedule.|
|Air/Fuel Filter (Service Item)||Warranted up to 1st scheduled change in specific Model Service Schedule.||Warranted up to 1st scheduled change in specific Model Service Schedule.|
|Spark Plugs (Service Item)||Warranted up to 1st scheduled change in specific Model Service Schedule.||Warranted up to 1st scheduled change in specific Model Service Schedule.|
|Air Con Re-gas (no defect evident)||Up to Maximum 6 Months||10,000 Miles|
|Adjustments||Up to Maximum 6 Months||10,000 Miles|
|Wiper Blades||12 Months||10,000 Miles|
|Fuses||12 Months||10,000 Miles|
|Bulbs||12 Months||10,000 Miles|
|Batteries||24 Months||Unlimited Mileage|
|Wheel Bearings Front/Rear||60 Months||60,000 Miles|
|All Ball Joints Front/Rear||60 Months||60,000 Miles|
|All Bushes||60 Months||60,000 Miles|
|Track Rod End||60 Months||60,000 Miles|
|Dampers, Struts Front/Rear||60 Months||60,000 Miles|
|All Rubber Components||60 Months||60,000 Miles|
|Tyres||Warranty is handled by the tyre manufacturer.||Warranty is handled by the tyre manufacturer.|
- The replacement of consumable/service and wear and tear items normally replaced or repaired in the process of routine maintenance servicing or where the normal useful life of such components as judged by Hyundai has expired.
- Cosmetic defects of paint and trim are warranted for the first twelve months from date of registration. Examples of these are: orange peel, low gloss, runs/sags etc. After this time, only defects attributable to the actual paint materials or metal panel work will be warrantable. Increase repair costs due to a warranty defect not being rectified at first signs of issue.
- Breakage or scratching of glass occurring after delivery of the vehicle to the owner.
- Vehicles that have been used for racing, rallying, competition, or speed/endurance trials of any kind.
- Loss directly or indirectly contributed to, by or arising from:
- Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel, or from any nuclear waste arising from the combustion of nuclear fuel
- The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly, or nuclear component thereof
- Any other fallout or environmental conditions
- Acts of war, tension or civil unrest.
- Damage to casings caused by impact, frost, and lack of anti-freeze or lubricants.
- Consequential loss of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from the claim, or even from any source giving rise to a claim under warranty.
- Damage to the catalytic converter due to use of incorrect fuel, effects of water immersion, running the engine with a misfire or shock/blows to the fragile catalytic element.
- Warranty repairs can only be carried out by a Hyundai Authorised Dealer/Repairer and any warranty based repairs carried out by non Hyundai authorised Dealers/Repairers will not be reimbursed.
Betterment of any kind:
- Where a part, panel or assembly etc has been damaged not by manufacturing defect and then becomes defective, only the area that has a manufacturing defect will be repaired under the vehicle warranty.
- Increase repair costs due to a warranty defect not being rectified at first signs of issue will not be covered.
- If full repair is requested including the damage a contribution will be required from the vehicle owner.
- Vehicles where the mileage has been altered from the mileage covered and no odometer change has taken place.
- The Hyundai vehicle warranty will be invalidated on any vehicles that has been categorised as written off.
- Deterioration or damage, of any kind, cause by the transportation or carrying of corrosive of acidic substances.
- Battery damage caused by insufficient regular maintenance/changing.
- Adjustments of any kind 6 months after delivery to the vehicle owner
Transfer of Warranty
The warranty can be transferred to any new owner by using the card at the back of the warranty booklet supplied with our vehicles. The warranty cannot be transferred to another vehicle.
Change of Ownership
If the vehicle is sold on, the new owner simply completes and returns a change of ownership card (at the back of the warranty booklet supplied with our vehicles) to the address below within 30 days of taking ownership. We will then update the details on our system to show the new owner as the registered keeper of the vehicle.
Change of Ownership/Address:
Hyundai Motor UK Ltd FREEPOST (HY876) High Wycombe Buckinghamshire HP11 1BR.