OWNING A HYUNDAI
Owning a HyundaiBuying your Hyundai is just the beginning. We're always thinking about how to make owning a Hyundai an enjoyable, worry-free experience, throughout the whole period of your ownership.
Here, you can find all you need to know as a Hyundai owner, from where to find the perfect accessories to servicing, 5 Year Triple Care, and even how we can help if your car is involved in an accident.
As an owner, you'll also have access to MyHyundai, where you can discover exclusive offers and discounts to get the most from your car. You can also store all your car details securely in one online space. So from your car's VIN number to reminders for servicing, MOT, insurance and road tax, everything you need is just a few clicks away.
Hyundai Genuine AccessoriesDesigned and approved for your car, our Hyundai Genuine Accessories are the ideal way to give your vehicle a personal touch. With a wide range available, you can create the Hyundai that's perfect for you.
- Hyundai-approved, so you can be sure they won't affect your car’s warranty
- Specifically made for your model, to ensure a perfect fit
- Wide-ranging choice, from stylish touches to the latest technology
To browse accessories, please click here.
At Hyundai, we take pride in building cars with award-winning reliability.
When routine maintenance or repairs are needed, we take an equal pride
in making sure you enjoy prompt, professional service at your Hyundai dealer.
Hyundai Service PromiseBy choosing Hyundai servicing, you'll also have the reassurance of our Hyundai Service Promise.
On Arrival we will:
- Attend to you promptly
- Agree the work to be carried out and provide a fully inclusive quote
Agree a time when your vehicle will be ready to pick up
During the day we will:
- Ensure that only appropriately trained Hyundai technicians carry out work on your vehicle
- Check for any updates recommended by Hyundai and perform these free of charge
- Provide a professional recommendation if we identify any parts that require replacing, about whether they should be replaced immediately, or at which point in the future they should be re-checked
- Only ever replace additional parts with your permission
- Use genuine Hyundai parts, which all carry a two year, unlimited mileage warranty*
- Call you to confirm when your car is ready
*Parts fitted during a warranty repair have a warranty duration equal to the remaining period of the vehicle warranty.
On collection we will:
- Explain the invoice to you to ensure you understand the work that has been carried out
Following your visit we will:
- Do everything we can to call you within three days of your visit, in order to monitor customer satisfaction and to continually improve the service we offer you
Fixed Price Service PlansThe Fixed Price Service Plan is designed to take care of all your scheduled servicing needs over the first three or five years of ownership*, offering an inflation proof and worry free option so you’re free to simply drive your Hyundai. The plans are available for the following:
Small Cars – i10, i20, ix20, i30 3 door, i30 5 door, i30 Tourer and Veloster
3 year plan:
- Petrol cars: £349 (inc.VAT).
- Diesel cars: £449 (inc.VAT).
5 year plan:
- Petrol cars: £649 (inc.VAT).
- Diesel cars: £749 (inc.VAT).
Large Cars – ix35, i40 Saloon, i40 Tourer and New Generation Santa Fe
3 year plan:
- Petrol cars: £399 (inc.VAT).
- Diesel cars: £499 (inc.VAT).
5 year plan:
- Petrol cars: £699 (inc.VAT).
- Diesel cars: £799 (inc.VAT).
*Price quoted is applicable to vehicles first registered on or after 1st March 2013. Time and mileage restrictions apply. Please ask your dealer for full terms and conditions.
The Hyundai Fixed Price Service Plan must be purchased before the vehicle's first service.
The Hyundai Fixed Price Service Plan (3 years/30,000 miles) covers the cost of the parts, lubricants and labour involved for the first 3 services.
The Hyundai Fixed Price Service Plan (5 years/50,000 miles) covers the cost of the parts, lubricants and labour involved for the first 5 services.
VAT at a rate of 20% is included in the purchase price.
Servicing conducted under The Hyundai Fixed Price Service Plan must be carried out in line with Hyundai Motors UK’s time and mileage recommendations at any participating Hyundai Dealer or Hyundai Authorised Repairer within the UK.
Service due dates are taken from the First Date of Registration of the vehicle.
Please ask your dealer for a full list of terms and conditions.
Regular ChecksSpend a few minutes regularly looking after your Hyundai, and it will give you the best possible performance, fuel economy and safety.
Key things to check are:
- Brake fluid
- Windscreen wash
- Tyre pressure
- Tyre tread
Don't forget to inspect tyre tread regularly too. The legal level for tyre tread is 1.6mm, taken at 3 points across three quarters of the width of the tyre. Apart from being dangerous, an illegal bald tyre is liable for a maximum fine of up to £2500 and 3 penalty points per defective tyre.
If you need assistance, please visit your Hyundai dealer who'll be happy to check for you.
5 YEAR WARRANTY
5 Year Unlimited Mileage WarrantyPioneering Peace of Mind
From the production line to the showroom and beyond, the passion and belief we have in the quality of our products mean we can offer an aftercare package to match.
In 2002 we were the first car manufacturer to introduce a 5 Year Warranty. Today, we are still the only car manufacturer to offer an unlimited mileage* guarantee for this period, as standard on all of our passenger cars.
Not content with the best warranty in the industry, on the 1st July 2011, we made it better by including 5 Year Roadside Assistance and 5 Years of Annual Vehicle Health Checks, offering you unlimited miles of stress free motoring.
5 Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty*
A 5 year, manufacturer-backed Unlimited Mileage Warranty, so you can drive with complete peace of mind at all times. In addition, the bodywork is covered by up to 12 years' Anti-perforation Warranty. Visit our 5 Year Warranty page for more details.
5 Year Roadside Assistance**
24 hour roadside assistance should you ever need it, anywhere in the UK or Channel Islands, with Onward Travel cover included to get you home if your car can't be fixed at the roadside. Visit our Roadside Assistance page for more details.
5 Years of Annual Vehicle Health Checks
A free, expert visual inspection by your Hyundai dealer on key areas of your car, to help spot any problems and ensure trouble-free motoring.
* Excludes Light Commercial Vehicles and cars for taxi or private hire usage. For further information please visit our 5 Year Warranty page.
Hyundai Genuine PartsWhen your Hyundai is built, it's made from steel from our own plants, so we can be sure of its quality. And only Hyundai parts are produced to the same exacting standards as those originally fitted.
By insisting on genuine Hyundai replacement parts, you can ensure there is no compromise when it comes to quality, safety and reliability. You'll also benefit from a comprehensive warranty on every part used.
Find my local dealer.
ACCIDENT & INSURANCE
Hyundai Accident AftercareWe can't stop accidents happening. But we can be there to relieve some of the stress with free help, support and expertise. If your Hyundai is involved in an accident or stolen, simply call us first on 0844 836 7381 and we'll take care of everything.
With free Hyundai Accident Aftercare, we will:
- Recover your vehicle and help you get home after an accident
- Liaise directly with your insurer to process your claim, saving you the hassle and stress
- Make sure your vehicle is repaired at a Hyundai-approved repair centre, using genuine Hyundai parts
- Arrange repair estimates, approval and claim forms
- Arrange a free courtesy car while your Hyundai is being repaired, and deliver your car back to you when it's ready
- Provide legal support for personal injury
Click here for a free emergency key tag.
Hyundai InsuranceFree insurance for seven days
Paperwork shouldn't get in the way of enjoying your new Hyundai. So when you buy any new or used Hyundai from an authorised dealer, we'll give you free insurance for seven days, so you can get going straight away.
To find out more, just ask your local dealer. Then to apply, please call 0800 326 5456 with the vehicle registration number and your dealer's code.
Lines are open Monday to Thursday 8.30am-7.30pm, Friday 9am-5.30pm, Saturday 9am-5.00pm.
Upgrade to our annual cover - we'll pay your cancellation fee
If you think all car insurers are the same, maybe it's time to think again.
Most insurers won't promise to repair your vehicle at a Hyundai approved accident repair centre, or return it back to its pre-accident condition by fitting 100% Hyundai genuine parts. But with Hyundai Insurance it's guaranteed. So you can continue to enjoy safety, peace of mind and the excellent Hyundai driving experience you're used to.
- Free courtesy car
- 24-hour free accident recovery
- Cover to drive a courtesy car whilst your vehicle is having a scheduled service or being repaired following an accident
- Personal belongings cover
- Replacement lock cover
- Child seat cover
- Windscreen cover
- EU comprehensive cover for 30 days
- Medical treatment up to £500
- 5 year guarantee on the quality of repairs
- 24 hours claim line, with UK call centre
Hyundai Approved Body Repair CentreBy using a Hyundai Approved Body Repair Centre you can be assured of a repair that will safeguard the integrity of your Hyundai. You can also count on excellent standards of quality and service.
- Hyundai Approved Body Repair Centres are vetted against strict Hyundai standards
- Your vehicle will be repaired with genuine Hyundai parts, providing you with a comprehensive parts warranty
- You'll also benefit from a 5 year guarantee on the quality of repairs
Frequently asked questionsWho do I contact for information about my finance
If your finance is with Black Horse please contact 0844 824 8888.
If your finance is with Santander please contact 0871 200 4150.
If your finance is with Hyundai Motor Finance please contact 0871 522 5745.
Alternatively, please contact your local dealership for assistance.
I have a question about ordering parts
Please contact your local Hyundai dealership who will be able to answer specific questions, and order parts for you direct.
I would like a new owners manual
Please contact your local Hyundai dealership and they will be able to order one for you. They will also be able to advise you of the cost as well and how long it will take to arrive.
Do I get roadside assistance with my vehicle
All new Hyundai vehicles come with the 5 Year Triple Care package. This includes Five Years Unlimited Mileage Warranty cover, five years' roadside assistance and five years of annual vehicle health Checks.
Your local Hyundai dealership has full details, or you can view the Triple Care package here.
When will the latest model be available
You can opt in to Keep me Updated, and we will let you know as soon as launch dates and vehicle specification are available. Alternatively, keep viewing the website or our Facebook page for more information.
How can I join the MyHyundai owners website?
MyHyundai was launched in 2011 and all new car owners from January 2011 to date are invited to join our owners website. If you haven’t received an invite or you own a Hyundai and would like to join MyHyundai please send your name, address and registration details to firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to your email within 48hrs, Monday-Friday.
I would like to join MyHyundai but my car was registered before January 2011 (or I brought my car used), how do I join?
Please send your name, address and registration details to email@example.com. We aim to respond to your email within 48hrs, Monday-Friday.